-
March 23rd, 2005, 03:12 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I went to Joanns to get some yarn, which they didn't have [img]frown.gif[/img] , but I found a small Bernat book with matching girl and 18" doll
outfits to knit(1) or crochet(3). It is sized for grils 2,4, or 6 and includes sweaters, hats, a granny square poncho and scarf set. Plus a bedtime set with a bathrobe, slippers, and an afgan for each and a pillow for the doll. Since my sewing machine has been at the repair shop forever I have been unable to make anything for my dolls. The title of this book is 'Best Friends' #530112. The price was only $3.95. I have lots of yarn I can use up.
Pattie
[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
-
March 23rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
#2
courtneysunshine
Guest
Thanks for posting about the book. I'll have to check it out. You'll have to show us some of your finished products. Of course I can't knit or crochet yet, but this might give me a reason to learn [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Kim
-
March 23rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I have that book. I made the cardigans for DD and the skating sweater for dd. Still working on the skirt. Haven't started the skating sweater for her doll.
Would love to see pictures of your finished sweaters. I used the colors from the book, on the skating sweater (pinks) but the cardigan I made in a khaki color. I had the most beautiful wood buttons and DD refused to wear it. Had to replace the buttons with something she liked better. now, I tell her to pick out the buttons because she stresses me out.
Have fun crocheting. It's a great book for on-the-go crochet (or waiting at the dentist office crocheting.)
Edited to add this link for crochet instructions
<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 23, 2005 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Michigan Mom ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks